Palos Heights Trust And Will Lawyer
Many people incorrectly assume that an estate plan is complete after they have drafted a will. But a will may not be enough. Depending on the value of your assets, a will may still land your loved ones in probate court after your passing. Probate court can be costly and time-consuming. An experienced estate planning attorney can explain what you may need to ensure that your loved ones are cared for upon your death.
Our Cook County Living Trust Attorney Is Detailed And Thorough
Our Illinois lawyer at James J. Morrone Law, PC, understands that planning for your death can be overwhelming. Our clients come to us in a wide array of states — from confused and nervous to prepared and informed. By drawing on more than 27 years of legal experience, attorney James J. Morrone is prepared to help you as you plan for the future and protect your assets.
Wills can be an effective start to estate planning, but without a revocable living trust, your loved ones could still face probate court, and possibly applying for a guardianship, should you become physically or mentally incompetent or disabled.
A living trust properly protects and titles your assets so you can avoid probate court. Additionally, it provides for you if you become incapacitated. A trust also offers the following:
- It provides continuity in the handling of your affairs by efficiently transferring your property to your loved ones.
- It easily moves with you from state to state.
- It creates a protective trust for your loved ones that is free from the supervision of the probate court.
- It can be easily changed should you desire to do so.
- It enables you to rely on your trustees should you wish to travel or otherwise delegate the day-to-day management of your financial affairs.
- It is difficult for disgruntled heirs to attack.
- It ensures your family’s privacy following your disability or death.
- It achieves your death tax objectives.
There are many other benefits to a living trust. These documents, including those involving land trusts and deed in trusts, must be carefully crafted by a professional to ensure that your assets are protected and your wishes are observed. Our family firm understands that your needs are unique, and we are prepared to listen closely to the goals and concerns you may have for the future.
Contact James J. Morrone Law, PC, For A Free Consultation
To schedule an initial consultation with a Palos Heights trust and will attorney, you can contact us online or toll free at 708-897-2349.